RUB » Service facilities » ZFA » Courses & Formalities » Kursabschlussprüfungen


Departmental Office
Here you will find our contact details, office hour and more information about
the departmental office

Time table for all exams

Here you will find all exam dates for the language courses in the summer term 2017.

Here you will find all exam dates for the language courses in the winter term 2017/2018.

end-of-term exams

Schritt für Schritt zur Klausuranmeldung

End-of-term exams

To complete a course at the ZFA you need to pass an end-of-term exam which consists of oral and written parts. Cumulative methods of assessment may also be used.

Information on types of assessment used in each course is provided by the course descriptions in our course catalogue. Further information on exam conditions and test types is given by the lecturers at the beginning of the course.

Registration for the exams

Registration for end-of-term exams in all languages is obligatory. RUB Students can register via CampusOffice (Schritt für Schritt zur Klausuranmeldung).

External course participants can register via email to

Compulsory Attendance

From the winter semester 2015/16 on students must attend at least 75% of the course sessions. Please refer to the page „Course Participation“ for more information.

Crediting including end-of-term exam

2 or 4 semester hours per week are credited with 2,5 or 5 CP, if the workload is met and the end-of-term exam is passed (i.e. the grade is 4,0 or higher). Courses and CP are listed on the Transcript of Records in CampusOffice.

Crediting without end-of-term exam

The ZFA can issue a certificate of participation without a confirmation of the language level. The workload is identical but no exam has to be taken.


  • You are not issued a proof of your language level and automatically accepted into the next level up.
  • Fewer credit points are granted: for 2 semester hours per week1,5 CP and for 4 semester hours per week 3 CP
  • The course is not recognized as an optional part of your studies (‚Optionalbereich‘)
  • The type of examination entered into CampusOffice is called ‘Certificate of participation. No language level confirmed.

Grades and Certifications

RUB Students are able to find their grade in eCampus under the category “Meine Leistungsnachweise".

Signed course certificates are issued on request, if a Transcript of Records is insufficient or a certificate is needed for applications or other purposes. Please contact .

Students of Economics can obtain a signature on their Transcript of Records at the front office.

UNIcert®‐certificates can be picked up at the Tandemoffice. You will receive an email as soon as your certificate is ready.